Henry

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Share, share....

Someone asked me for my opinion on him regarding his "performance" in our company.... I was at first quite lost, as in I don't know how to react or even to think of what to say. You see, I live on the theory that everyone is different and what you do and say is largely due to different experience and background. Therefore, everyone has a different set of procedure in regards to different situations and therefore, I am unable to gauge "performance"........
But I can share stuffs that I live by consistently, or at least I try to....
  1. Never work alone, you must have a team. Min. 2 person... Ask VJ, he is suffering from that now. ; p
  2. When things go bad, you did it. When things go fairly well, we did it. When things are excellent, they did it.
  3. Not getting work done because you are not around is no excuse. In fact, there is no excuse at all for any work that is not done.
  4. As much rules as you are willing to break for your customer, you do the same for your people.
  5. Poor performer demoralise the team's top performer. There is only three known solution I know for that.... Train him, transfer him or terminate him.
  6. Whether you are the top performer or the poor performer, all will be treated well accordingly.
  7. Leading by example is total bullshit, I say leading by consistency.
  8. Never expect anyone to understand your point of view.
  9. Communication is 2 way. So, why talk to a wall?
  10. Your words are like pearls, but if you give them to pigs, they will trample it on the floor mixed with their waste.... Share it with humans. Get it?
  11. If you think that you are the best, then, you better think again.
  12. Self-confidence is an aura, not a clothe material that states your rank.
  13. People need to trust you to follow you. Trust and respect is laboured.
  14. Listen more, talk less.
  15. You must know what you want, not what others want

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home